Deanna D Cook, Esquire
Since graduating law school and passing the bar in 1991, Deanna has practiced exclusively in the area of family law. She is a Board Certified Family Law Trial Advocate, certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. She is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating by the most respected peer review rating system. She has been a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 2002.
Deanna has been listed in “The Best Lawyers in America” every year from 2006-2018; Virginia’s Best Lawyers every year from 2010-2018; Virginia Super Lawyers every year from 2006-2018; Virginia Business, Legal Elite 2006, 2009 and 2012; Legal Eagle, Virginia Living Magazine 2012; and Virginia’s Top Rated Lawyers, Leaders, 2012-2014. She has also been named twice (2007 and 2009) in Virginia Super Lawyers as one of the top 25 female attorneys in Virginia and four times from 2015-2018 as one of the top 50 female attorneys in Virginia. She also has served as a Commissioner-in-Chancery for Henrico Circuit Court since 2013.
Deanna handles a wide variety of family law matters including complex equitable distribution cases and contested custody disputes. She represents people both in negotiations and mediations, as well as in contested, courtroom litigation.
- Virginia State Bar, Admitted 1991 (Member, Domestic Relations Section)
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Richmond Bar Association
- Metropolitan Women’s Bar Association
- Richmond Family Law Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Family Law
- Complex Property Distribution
- Pre-marital and Separation Agreements
- Child Custody and Visitation, Relocation
- Support, Child and Spousal
- Post Divorce Enforcement Issues
Presentations & Publications:
- Panel Member: Virginia Court of Appeals Retreat, October, 2011
- Speaker: The CPA Expert Witness in Divorce, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, September, 2010
- Co-Author: “Annual Family Law Survey,” University of Richmond Law Review, 1994, 1997
- Author: “Annual Family Law Survey,” 1995 University of Richmond Law Review, 1995
Lauren Grant, Esquire
Ms. Grant (formerly Kelley) practices exclusively in the area of family law. She received her law degree from the Columbus School of Law at Catholic University. During law school, Ms. Grant participated in the Columbus Community Legal Services Families and the Law clinic, providing free high-quality legal services to needy families who would otherwise go unrepresented. Before entering private practice, she served as a law clerk to the chief judge in Prince William County Circuit Court. After her clerkship, she began practicing family law at a firm in Northern Virginia before moving back to Richmond where she grew up.
Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America, magna cum laude, 2014
Virginia Tech, 2008
Virginia State Bar, Member Domestic Relations Section
Virginia Women Attorneys Association
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Deanna D. Cook, PC
- Zauzig Sandler PC (Northern Virginia)
- Law Clerk to Chief Judge Craig D. Johnston